IT IS OPEN BURN SEASON WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE FIRE DISTRICT
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO IGNITION OF YOUR DEBRIS PILE
Before you do any outdoor burning you must calling the Burn Line at 541-475-1789
• You are responsible for your fire and for any damage that results from it.
• All fires shall be constantly attended until the fire is extinguished.
• A minimum of one portable fire extinguisher with a minimum 4-A rating or other approved on-site fire-extinguishing equipment such as a: shovel and dirt, garden hose, or water truck shall be available for immediate utilization.
• Burning that will be offensive or objectionable because of smoke or odor emissions when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fires hazardous shall be prohibited. The fire code official is authorized to order the extinguishment of open burning which creates or adds to a hazardous or objectionable situation. Residential outdoor burning of yard debris:
• Provisions shall be made to prevent the fire from spreading to any structure.
1. Fires in approved containers shall not be less than 15 feet from a structure. 2. The minimum required distance from a structure shall be 25 feet where the pile size is 3 feet or less in diameter and 2 feet or less in height.
3. The minimum required distance from a structure shall be 50 feet where the pile size is greater than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in height.
4. Burn piles need to be sized so fires will be completely out by the required time indicated on the burn information line.